Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ireland Day 5

A majority of today was spent in the car as we were headed from Killarney up to Galway. We took pretty much the same route that I took a couple years ago. This included a stop to Ballyhahill where our relatives lived back in the day.

I considered heading East over to Limerick as I've never visited the city, but decided to opt for the ferry from Tarbert to Kilrush instead to cut down the driving time. Luckily the rain stopped by the time we got to the ferry so we could walk around on the ferry trip.

It started raining again on the drive up toward the Cliffs of Moher so I was worried that it would be raining when we got there. Luckily there were a couple breaks in the rain when we were there, but patience definitely ended up being a virtue picture wise at the Cliffs. After spending time in the gift shop it cleared up enough to get some decent photos.

Final stop was the Amber Hill Guest House in Galway. I stayed here for two nights on my last trip. It's a cute little B&B style place in the Salthill section of Galway.

No comments: