Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ireland Day 1






So I haven't had the best opportunity to keep up with this blog on the trip due to lack of internet in the hotel room and then just plain lack of time. Guess I'm having too much fun! Now I have to remember what fun I was having on Day 1. I decided to take my mom on a very similar first day trip that I had last time. Mind you, this was after about an hour of sleep on the plane and then about an hour of sleep the previous night. I was amazingly awake considering the lack of sleep over the previous two days.

The weather was pretty foggy most of the day, but that didn't stop us. What did stop us were things like visits to the Rock of Cashel. I love driving the road to the Rock of Cashel because you'll see nice farm fields and then you come around a corner and there's an impressive view of a very impressive castle. The city of Castle is equally as impressive, though we just drove through. The next mission after that was to head down toward Cork and on to the city of Cobh (pronounced Cove). The reason I picked this city was because it's where the Titanic set sail from a few years back. It was a cute little town well worth the visit. Finally I decided that my mom didn't already have the gift of gab enough, so we were off to the Blarney Castle so she could kiss the Blarney stone. We'll find out in time if she was given the gift.

Final stop of the day was Killarney where we headed straight to the hotel. After a much needed bath, my mom and I both grabbed dinner and a pint of Guinness in the hotel lounge. I forgot about the fact that they offer you either a pint or a glass most places here. Why would one want to order just a glass? Pint all the way.

No comments: