Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ireland Day 4

We've been packing every day full so far on this trip and today was no exception. We decided to stay one more night in Killarney rather than packing up and looking for a hotel in Dingle. This meant that we would do both the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula in one day. We started through one of my favorite parts of Ireland - Killarney National Park. Driving through there I just wish I had more time to go hiking through the park.

We stopped in a few of the interesting photo locations along the way and took a detour out to Valencia Island. I was hoping to find a geocache out there, but couldn't quite find the road that take us to the geocache so we headed down the road. After a quick loop around the Ring of Kerry we headed north to the Dingle Peninsula. Inch Strand (beach) allows cars to drive so of course I had to take the rental car for a spin on the beach. Every bit of the Dingle Peninsula was beautiful and I can tell why people say it's their favorite. We ended up having really great weather for the day trip. We stopped in Dingle at Murphy's Pub for dinner before heading back to Killarney.

No comments: