Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ireland Day 2







Day two of the trip feels like ages ago. I do remember waking up earlier than I probably wanted to after getting some much needed sleep. I was okay with getting up early as today my mom and I would head to Tralee to visit the Equestrian Centre there. Mikey and Alice, our wonderful guides, took us on a fun horseback ride. We started on the beach, and headed down to the city of Camp. I wonder if that's where my friends the Camps come from? Maybe not. Anyway, we took a horseback stroll through the village up the hillside where we got some great views of the area. We came down a really fun trail through the trees and across a stream and finally ended up back at the beach. This is where I got to take turns galloping my horse Monster (his personality didn't fit his name) up and down the beach. Definitely a fun experience.

After this we headed back through Killarney and then down through part of Killarney National Park. We ended up at the town of Kenmare. Another cute little town - of course that's what I remember about my last trip here - the towns are all cute.

We finished up the day at the Laurels Pub with a pint of Guinness and I had the lamb stew. I don't ever get tired of Irish Stew.

No comments: