Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ireland - Day Three - Galway

Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher
Cliffs of Moher
Somewhere along the road
A new friend
Killimer-Talbert Ferry
Somewhere north of Killarney

Yesterday wasn't quite as eventful as I had hoped it would be.  Mostly because of the rain that hung around until about mid afternoon.  It wasn't the Seattle style rain that's more of a mist, it was real rain.  But it cleared up enough before I reached the Cliffs of Moher and the sun even came out! 

I think I ended up driving on a lot of backroads most of the way from Killarney to Galway.  This meant lots of time listening to the Irish radio stations.  There was A LOT of excitement over Prime Minister Brown meeting with Obama.  There was also a lot of dismay over the Cricketers being attacked in Pakistan.  There were also lots of chances to win tickets to the Oxygen Music festival which does seem to have a pretty good lineup - if only I would still be here then.

The Cliffs of Moher were definitely the highlight of the day.  I only wish my camera had captured the true beauty of them.  But I guess they are something one needs to see in person.

Today I'm probably off in two directions.  I'd like to go to both the Burren region and up to Connemara. It's raining/snowing right now so I'm hoping the weather changes a bit before I get on the road.  Somehow I doubt I'll be so lucky!

2 comments:

Colin said...

While you are living the dream, your faithful co-workers are holding down the fort. The pictures look great, and it sounds like you are having a great time. Travel safely, Bear is excited to see you :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! You were able to see the cliffs and rolling hills!The trip looks amazing so far and I am very happy to hear you are having such a good time. We do miss you though.

-Jessie