Thursday, July 24, 2008

Time to see about climbing a mountain

The time is finally here! I'm sitting at a coffee shop at Rainier Base Camp and I'll be taking off with my group in about 30 minutes. I'm really excited. Today's hike to Camp Muir should be beautiful since the weather is perfect!

http://www.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/moracam/moracam.cfm

This webcam at Paradise shows just how nice the weather will be for the start of our journey. I believe that weather is supposed to hold out, so this should be good for our summit attempt early tomorrow morning.

Throughout the past couple weeks I've been thinking of how fortunate I've been through this whole experience to have the overwhelming support from my friends, family, coworkers and perfect strangers. If there was ever a day or two that I wasn't sure that I wanted to follow through, I just thought of the people who have been rooting me along and it's been the kick I've needed to really push myself. A huge THANK YOU goes out to all the people who have been so supportive in so many ways. I'm really excited to have this opportunity and I've been thrilled that people have cared so much to let me share my stories with them. So yeah, thanks!

Guess I should go get my boots on and head over to meet the group now.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Go, Rainier Girl, go! I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow. Have a GREAT climb!

Love,
Margaret

Colin said...

Good Luck! We know you will make us proud. I'll take a peek at Rainier tomorrow on my way in -- wave to me! :)

kelsi said...

Woohoo! Hope you're having fun! I'll see you next Saturday.