Sunday, July 27, 2008

I MADE IT!

I climbed the Mountain! Great weather helped me achieve the goal I've been working so hard for. It was definitely one of the best experiences of my life! I'll give a more complete rundown of the climb later, but I wanted to share some of the fun I had last Thursday and Friday with a few photos. 


Thursday around 9am in the Parking Lot at Paradise.


First great view of the mountain on the trail to Camp Muir.


On the trail to Camp Muir.


My little section of the hut at Camp Muir.


The larger crevasses we had to step across. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the crevasse we had to cross by walking over a ladder "bridge." This was actually my favorite section of the climb.


A pretty cool place to be at sunrise.


Ice Axe Annie at the top!


Looking over the Crater Rim from the true summit.


Trail across the Crater Rim.


Cool view on the way down.


Toward the end of the climb at Ingraham Flats.


Our climbing group on the way back down to Paradise.

3 comments:

stiffler said...

Awesome, I was waiting to hear.

Johnnygeo said...

That's awesome!!! I so pumped for you. I'm looking forward in chatting with you soon about your experience...

DarkTrail said...

That is a so great!! Looking forward to hearing more about the climb. Wow. Great pictures.